Monday, May 11, 2009

Spring?

Okay...I live in upstate NY. I know what I'm getting.

Long winters.

Shoveling.
Snow pants, snow boots, gloves, hats, scarves.

Thick parkas.

Large NYSEG bills.

Snow Days - There is an upside! :)



Funny...kids don't seem to mind quite as much as adults.

















I just want to be able to walk outside in the middle of May wearing long pants and a sweatshirt and not be freezing. I don't think that's asking too much. This is spring, right?


My son plays baseball two nights a week and my daughter plays softball two nights a week. I have to admit the guilty pleasure I'm getting in the fact that I can't attend the games due to my recent foot surgery. The parents just sit, watch, & freeze. There is no way to combat the evil, icy breeze that blows through you when the sun goes down.


I love to decorate my front porch when the seasons change and I'm the first in line at the local nursery scooping up the best hanging flower baskets and potted plants.


Now I have to watch the weather report to see if there is going to be a frost each night so I can bring ALL of the plants inside just to take them ALL back outside again in the morning.







Here they sit...INSIDE.
We get some very hot days in July/August...maybe about 10. People actually freak out. I mean they go out and insist on getting central air - Did you hear me, central air? All new homes are built with central air, okay, I get that...they are new homes, they should be built with all new heating/cooling systems. But, who in their right mind would spend the money on central air for 10 days? Invest in more heat! Upstate NY needs central air like American Idol needs another judge. Stop the maddness!
I don't like to complain so much in one post, but like my husband often tells me, the weather makes me nuts. The weather patterns in our particular area are very inconsistent and you basically have to wake up and see what you've got. It makes it quite difficult to make plans. I get miserable when plans don't work out due to rain, snow, ice, wind, cold, etc. "Can't control the weather"...my husband will always say. Doesn't make me feel any better.
Oh well, for now I will continue to bring in the plants, keep the winter & spring clothes in the closets, and bad-mouth Mother Nature...she doesn't have feelings you know.
Today's Daisy: Control what you can & vent about what you can't...only if it doesn't hurt any feelings.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by...I always enjoy comments.